POLICY, STANDARD, RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT (PSR&D)
POLICY, STANDARD, RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT (PSR&D) DEPARTMENT
- Formulate and develop health and safety policies.
- Implement health and safety policies.
- Develop safety standards, guidelines, codes of practice, standard operating procedures and regulations.
- Review and update set safety standards and guidelines.
- Develop and cascade harmonized safety policies between interrelated Ministries, Departments and Agencies.
- Conduct research and development on occupational hazards and their impact on health and safety.
- Conduct research on prevention and control of emerging risks at the workplace and the environment.
- Develop technical solutions to mitigate risk factors arising from industrial, health and environmental hazards.
- Conduct research on workplace safety standards towards effective mitigation of hazards and risks.
- Collate, process, analyze and interpret accident and incident data, parameters and resultant outcomes from workplace activities.
- Generate a data base of occurrences, outcomes and reports of workplace accidents and incidents.
- Generate a data base of the functions and report of activities of the departments and units of the Commission.
- Manage the operations of E- library which consists of safety policies, documents, manuals, handbooks, guidelines, standards, regulations, safety gallery and exhibitions.