FINANCE & ACCOUNTS
FINANCE & ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT
- Ensure Compliance with Financial Regulations and the Accounting Code by all staff under his control and supervision.
- Ensure adequate supervision of the disbursement of funds and ensuring proper monitoring and accounting for Revenue.
- Advise the Accounting Officer on all financial matters as well as the more technical provisions of the Financial Regulations and other Treasury and Finance Circulars.
- Maintaining proper accounting records such as books of accounts, Main and Subsidiary Ledgers.
- Ensuring prompt rendition of all returns e.g Consolidated Accounts (Monthly transcripts) Bank reconciliation statements, revenue and expenditure returns as prescribed in the Financial Compiling and defending of the budget proposal and ensuring effective budgeting controls by matching/comparing budgeted figures with actual expenditure or revenue as the case may be and advise the Accounting Officer appropriately.
- Ensuring that all staffs under his control are exposed to regular training programmes to prepare them for the efficient performance of their duties.
- Liaising with the Accountant-General from time to time when in doubt of the interpretation of the provisions of the Financial Regulations and other Treasury Circulars or when confronted with difficulties in the performance of his duties.
- Ensuring the existence of an effective Audit Query Unit/Section to promptly deal with all queries from Internal Audit Unit, Inspection Department, Office of the Auditor General and Public Accounts Committee.